by Capital Good Fund
The decision to go solar can be overwhelming; Capital Good Fund is here to make it easy and affordable through our DoubleGreen Solar loan program, now available to residents in the greater Houston area in Texas. Please see the full list of eligible cities and counties here.
With our transparent pricing and customer-first approach, we offer you the lowest-possible monthly loan payment so that you save on your utilities while realizing all the other benefits of solar energy.
Why Go Solar?
- Renewable energy. Solar power uses the sun as an energy source. This reduces your carbon footprint and helps to address climate change.
- Reduce your electricity bills. Since your solar panels will cover some or all of your energy needs, you will pay little-to-nothing to the utility company, saving you money and insulating you from rising energy prices.
- Increased property value. Adding even a 5 kilowatt solar panel to your home could add thousands to your home’s resale value.
- Tax credit. There are both state and federal rebates and tax credits available for homeowners who choose to go solar, which could put thousands of dollars back in your pocket. Consult a certified tax advisor for more information on potential savings.
What do I need to apply for a loan?
- Have a bank account
- Reside in designated cities and counties in Houston, Texas. See the full list here.
- Make no more than 120% of Area Median Income
- Be a homeowner and be current on your mortgage
We will need the following documents after you submit your application:
- Three months' bank account statements
- Solar project statement of work from approved installer
- Copy of government-issued ID
- Most recent mortgage statement
- Recent electric utility bill
- Voided check from the account you will use for loan payments
- We may ask for additional documents after you apply
*Standard closing fees apply and will be rolled into the loan amount. Contact us for more details.