Location: Houston, TX or Miami, FL
About Capital Good Fund
Capital Good Fund (“Good Fund”) is a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution headquartered in Providence, RI. Founded in 2009, our mission is to create pathways out of poverty and advance a green economy through inclusive financial services. Good Fund employees are committed to using financial services to transform the lives of those we serve.
Summary: The Financial Coach’s primary responsibility is to provide holistic one-on-one Financial Coaching to participants, following the Good Fund curriculum. The coach will successfully build and manage trusting relationships with individual participants, prepare and deliver workshops in a variety of Financial Coaching topics and settings, and track and manage client payments. The Coaching curriculum covers topics such as debt management, credit building, budgeting, savings, banking, and related areas such as health and wellness.
In this role, the Financial Coach will:
● Provide one-on-one financial and health coaching in-person and remotely to participants, from inquiry, to credit checks, and relationship maintenance such as check-ins and surveys;
● Establish and maintain trusting relationships with participants, and develop actionable plans and provide resources to support the client in reaching their financial wellness goals;
● Deliver prepared financial knowledge workshops to groups of 5-500 either in-person or remotely, using a variety tools such as PowerPoint, projectors, and Zoom, in English or Spanish;
● Assist the Manager and Director in developing relationships with community partners;
● Collaborate with coworkers to maintain and strengthen coaching curriculum and program offerings;
● Ensure data integrity by taking detailed notes and correctly entering all client data into our customer database and periodically auditing for accuracy, ensuring Development has the data they need to report to funders;
● Maintain participant confidentiality by following all security and communications standards when working with sensitive data or information.
We are looking for exceptional people. Capital Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
● Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
● Fluency in spoken and written Spanish (native speakers preferred)
● Possess strong time management and communication skills
● Experience in Customer Service Management programs and familiarity with data input and processing
● Must be comfortable public speaking and presenting, both in-person and virtually, to groups of up to 500, in both English and Spanish
● Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds and abilities
● Must have access to transportation and be willing to travel
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
● Experience working in low-income/distressed communities
● Experience in financial services, business or economics
● Experience in social work or social service industry
● Familiarity with managing coaching / client relationships
● Experience in Salesforce, Google Suite, and Zoom
● Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
● All Capital Good Fund employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with state and federal law.
Training and Compensation
The Financial Coach will receive extensive training on all of Capital Good Fund’s financial coaching products and systems, including our financial coaching curriculum. Curriculum knowledge, such as interpreting a credit report, and developing debt management plans, will be reinforced and practiced by working directly with clients in the initial six weeks of hiring.
This is a full time forty hour-per-week position. The Financial Coach will earn an annual salary of $41,000.
In addition, the Financial Coach will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with an employer match of 3% of gross earnings with a minimum contribution of 1%, medical insurance with a $400/month employer subsidy, dental insurance fully covered by employer for routine dental care, 5 paid personal days per benefit year, 15 vacation days in the first year on staff, and the opportunity to apply for personal loans of up to $2,000 at 0% interest. Company perks include flexible scheduling and 14 paid holidays and a floating holiday for your birthday!
How to Apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and accompanying résumé to email@example.com. Please address the following in your cover letter:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background check.
Capital Good Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Good Fund welcomes every protected characteristic including: race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All are encouraged to apply.