Location: Providence, RI
Type: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: September 18, 2017
About Capital Good Fund:
Founded in 2009, Capital Good Fund is a social change organization whose mission is to provide equitable financial services that create pathways out of poverty. As a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury certified Community Development Financial Institution and member of the Opportunity Finance Network, we offer families living in poverty one-on-one Financial & Health Coaching, and personal loans up to $20,000.
The Client Services Officer (CSO) is tasked with communicating with prospective and current clients about products and services offered by Capital Good Fund, while delivering outstanding customer service. The Client Services Officer will perform a variety of duties, including:
• Respond to inquiries from potential clients in person, by phone, email, and online chat
• Greet clients and guests that arrive at Capital Good Fund’s main office
• Maintain tidiness of front desk area; stock flyers and marketing supplies
• Inform clients of loan and coaching services available from Capital Good Fund
• Assist in managing one or more volunteers
• Sort and organize documentation received from program applicants
• Other responsibilities as appropriate
We are looking for exceptional people. Capital Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
• Possess excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
• Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds
• Be detail and process oriented and extremely responsible
• Thrive in a start-up environment and learn quickly
• Be able to work independently and be a self-starter
• Be responsible and proactive in addressing and solving issues
Preferred Skills and Background:
• Experience in, or understanding of, financial services and consumer credit.
• Experience working in a customer service role.
• Experience working in low-income/distressed communities
Training and Compensation:
The Client Service Officer will receive extensive training on all of Good Fund’s systems and loan products. Additionally, the CSO will be trained on how to read a credit report and review bank statements, as well as receive training on various topics related to consumer lending.
This is a full-time, forty-hour-per-week position. The CSO will earn an annual base salary of $36,273, and five years of relevant experience will raise the base salary to $39,873. In addition, the CSO will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with an employer match of 2%, medical insurance with a $250/month employer subsidy, dental insurance fully covered by employer, a RIPTA bus pass fully subsidized by employer, five paid sick days per benefit year, 15 paid personal days in the first year on staff, and the opportunity to apply for personal loans of up to $2,000 at 0% interest.
How to Apply:
• What does great customer service mean to you? Describe a difficult customer service experience with a great outcome.
• Why do you want to work for Capital Good Fund? What interests you the most about this position?
The anticipated start date of the position is September 18, 2017.