Location: Miami, FL
About Capital Good Fund:
Capital Good Fund is a social change organization whose mission is to provide equitable financial services that create pathways out of poverty. As a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution and member of the Opportunity Finance Network, we offer families living in poverty access to affordable personal and car loans along with financial and health coaching. We were founded in Rhode Island in 2009 and have disbursed 1,300 loans totaling $1.5 million, graduated 1,000 people through our coaching programs, and returned $1.9 million in tax refunds and credits to local communities through 1,600 filed tax returns. We are excited to launch our services in the state of Florida and are in search of a dynamic and skilled professional to assist with those efforts.
The Client Services Officer is Capital Good Fund’s community ambassador, sharing information about the organization’s products and services with prospective applicants, building and maintaining partnerships with local organizations and leaders, and supporting existing clients.
The Client Services Officer will perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
• Support loan origination by responding to inquiries, collecting needed documentation from loan applicants, and informing applicants of loan and coaching services available from Capital Good Fund;
• Serve clients by providing referrals to Capital Good Fund coaching and local partner support;
• Build networks with existing and prospective community partners and supporters, and appear at community events;
• Manage one or more volunteers; and,
• Other responsibilities as appropriate.
We are looking for exceptional people. Capital Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
• Be a natural relationship builder and excel in community engagement;
• Be able to work independently in a remote office setting and be a self-starter;
• Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds;
• Be detail-oriented and extremely responsible;
• Thrive in a start-up environment and learn quickly;
• Possess excellent communication skills in English and Spanish; and,
• Be responsible and proactive in addressing and solving issues.
Preferred Skills and Background:
• Experience in, or understanding of, financial services and consumer credit.
• Experience working in customer service, including a leadership role.
• Experience working in low-income or distressed communities.
Training and Compensation:
The Client Services Officer will receive extensive training on all of Good Fund’s systems and loan and coaching products. Additionally, the Client Services Officer will receive training on various topics related to consumer lending.
This is a full-time, forty-hour-per-week position. The Client Services Officer will earn an annualized base salary of $36,481. In addition, the Client Services Officer will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a cell phone, medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. The Client Services Officer will earn fifteen days of vacation in the first year on staff, as well as five days paid sick leave.
How to Apply:
• What does great customer service mean to you? Describe a difficult customer service experience with a great outcome.
• Why do you want to work for Capital Good Fund? What interests you the most about this position?