Location: Providence, RI
About Capital Good Fund
Capital Good Fund (Good Fund) is a social change organization whose mission is to provide equitable financial services that create pathways out of poverty. As a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), we offer low-income families one-on-one Financial & Health Coaching and personal loans of up to $20,000. Since our founding in 2009, we have financed 1,500 loans totaling more than $2 million and graduated over 1,100 people through our Financial Coaching program. Join our Marketing Team and help us grow!
Under the guidance of the Director of Communications, this new Graphic Design Officer position (GDO) will create visual content that best represents Good Fund and engages new audiences. The GDO will be responsible for creating original designs and developing written content in English and Spanish for Good Fund’s communication needs:
• Manage Good Fund’s visual brand by creating graphics, iconography, and overall designs for flyers, annual reports, social media, and other marketing materials
• Provide Market Research Officer with all visuals and Spanish translations needed for advertisements
We are looking for exceptional people. Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
• Possess excellent written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Be inquisitive and able to solve problems independently, such as quickly learning new interfaces and software with limited guidance.
• Have experience designing in Adobe Illustrator and adjusting images in Photoshop. Between the two, expect a split of 80% Illustrator and 20% Photoshop.
• Be able to create original iconography from scratch in Illustrator. We cannot gather and re-purpose photos/vectors for all projects.
• Be able to juggle multiple projects and work with various team members to meet organizational goals.
• Possess incredible attention to detail.
• Experience creating materials in Adobe InDesign
• Ability to read/edit HTML and CSS
• Experience photographing events with a Canon DSLR
• Experience working in marketing or communications
Training, and Compensation
The GDO will receive extensive training on all of Good Fund’s systems and client products. Additionally, the GDO will be trained on how to create content in Robly Email Marketing, Jotform, Hootsuite, and other systems.
This is a full-time, forty-hour-per-week position. The GDO will earn an annual base salary of $36,281.30, and five years of relevant experience will raise the base salary to $39,881.30. In addition, the GDO will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a bus pass, medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, fifteen days paid vacation, and five days paid sick leave in the first year on staff.
How to Apply
Location: Sarasota, FL
About Capital Good Fund
Capital Good Fund is a social change organization whose mission is to provide equitable financial services that create pathways out of poverty. As a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution and member of the Opportunity Finance Network, we offer families living in poverty access to affordable personal and car loans along with financial and health coaching. We were founded in Rhode Island in 2009 and have disbursed 1,500 loans totaling over $2 million, graduated 1,000 people through our coaching programs, and returned $1.9 million in tax refunds and credits to local communities through 1,600 filed tax returns. We are excited to launch our services in Sarasota, Florida and are in search of a dynamic and skilled professional to assist with those efforts.
The Client Services Officer is Capital Good Fund’s community ambassador, sharing information about the organization’s products and services with prospective applicants, building and maintaining partnerships with local organizations and leaders, and supporting existing clients.
The Client Services Officer will perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
• Supporting loan origination by responding to inquiries, collecting needed documentation from loan applicants, and informing applicants of loan and coaching services available from Capital Good Fund;
• Serving clients by providing referrals to Capital Good Fund coaching and local partner support;
• Building networks with existing and prospective community partners and supporters, and appear at community events;
• Managing one or more volunteers; and,
• Performing other responsibilities as appropriate.
We are looking for exceptional people. Capital Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
• Possess excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
• Be a natural relationship builder and excel in community engagement;
• Be able to work independently in a remote office setting and be a self-starter;
• Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds;
• Be detail-oriented and extremely responsible;
• Thrive in a start-up environment and learn quickly; and
• Be responsible and proactive in addressing and solving issues.
Preferred Skills and Background
• Experience in, or understanding of, financial services and consumer credit.
• Experience working in customer service, including a leadership role.
• Experience working in low-income or distressed communities.
Training and Compensation
The Client Services Officer will receive extensive training on all of Good Fund’s systems and loan and coaching products. Additionally, the Client Services Officer will receive training on various topics related to consumer lending.
This is a full-time, forty-hour-per-week position. The Client Services Officer will earn an annualized base salary of $36,676.59. In addition, the Client Services Officer will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a cell phone, medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. The Client Services Officer will earn fifteen days of vacation in the first year on staff, as well as five days paid sick leave.
How to Apply
• What does great customer service mean to you? Describe a difficult customer service experience with a great outcome.
• Why do you want to work for Capital Good Fund? What interests you the most about this position?