Location: Massachusetts or Rhode Island
About Capital Good Fund:
Capital Good Fund (“Good Fund”) is a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution headquartered in Providence, RI. Founded in 2009, our mission is to create pathways out of poverty through equitable financial services. Our team serves residents of nine states and has reached over 10,000 families with loans and financial coaching.
Summary: As efforts to address climate change and rising energy costs ramp up, it is imperative that underserved families–lower-income homeowners and homeowners of color–are not left behind. Unfortunately, existing green programs–financing options, rebates, and contractor / community outreach–are failing to place environmental justice front and center as we tackle the climate crisis.
Our Energy Concierge (“EC”) will help us advance our mission by supporting programs focused on reducing energy demand and implementing renewable energy solutions for underserved Massachusetts homeowners. This program is funded through a grant from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center and has the following specific goals:
● Engage with 700 families to discuss electrification
● Assist with bringing 175 projects to completion, including:
● 50 residential solar installations for roughly 350 kilowatts of installed solar generation
● 125 energy-efficiency projects
In this role, the Energy Concierge will:
● Act as point of contact for all prospective clean energy and home assessment customers
● Act as liaison between clean energy contractors and Good Fund
● Arrange energy audits and provide guidance for choosing the best green energy measures
● Provide clients with financing information and guide applicants through loan approval process
● Work with Capital Good Fund’s Business Development team to educate and guide contractor partners through our loan process and requirements
● Travel with contractors to home energy assessments and confidently discuss energy measures and financing options with customers
● Create weekly reports to track homeowner engagement and emissions reductions
We are looking for exceptional people. Capital Good Fund employees are passionate, motivated, and committed to using financial services to transform the lives of people living in poverty.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
● Experience working with energy efficiency and/or renewable energy programs; or a strong community organizing background and willingness / ability to gain expertise in clean energy
● Fluency in Spanish
● Minimum two years relevant experience
● Able to connect and empathize with people with diverse backgrounds
● Strong customer service skills
● Flexibility: willingness to adapt to a dynamic environment
● Willingness to travel throughout the state of Massachusetts; valid drivers license
● Familiarity and comfort working in Excel
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
● Deep understanding of energy reduction, renewable energy programs, and home assessments
● Strong knowledge and experience with community outreach and organizing, with a focus on underserved communities
● Some understanding of additional languages such as Portuguese and Creole, preferred but not required
● Community / political organizing experience
● Familiarity with customer relationship management tools such as Salesforce.com
The Energy Concierge will receive training on Good Fund’s policies, procedures, and strategic goals. They will also be trained by Homeworks Energy and other partners on all aspects of energy-efficiency and clean energy.
In addition, they will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with an employer match of 3% of gross earnings with a minimum contribution of 1%, medical insurance with a $400/month employer subsidy, dental insurance fully covered by employer, 5 paid personal days per benefit year, 15 paid vacation days in the first year on staff, and the opportunity to apply for personal loans of up to $2,000 at 0% interest. Company perks include supervisor-approved opportunities to work from home, flexible scheduling and 14 paid holidays including a floating holiday for your birthday!
How to Apply:
Please send a one-page cover letter and accompanying résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background check.
Capital Good Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Good Fund welcomes every protected characteristic including race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All are encouraged to apply.